Saturday, June 13, 2009

UN Secretary General




Yesterday, Saint Louis University hosted the current UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon for a speech on solving the world's hunger problems. I have to admit that even though I've disagreed with many of his statements in the past, it was an amazing experience. His speech was good, but with little substance. He did touch on all of the major global crisises: hunger, economic, the current flu pandemic, and climate. His, and many others, believe that most of these can be solved by improving food supply and security across the world.

The Boeing Institute of International Business program on campus brought him as part of their guest lecture series. I can't wait to see who they get next!

I'm borrowing photos available online from the event since I forgot my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment