Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tetris Records




The old NES is back up and running! For those who don't know, that means Nintendo Entertainment System. Microsoft who? Playstation what? I'm talking about old school gaming in all it's 8-bit glory. After beating Super Mario Brothers, I stuck in the original Tetris. I'm still addicted to this day. I love my big screen portable tetris game, but it can't beat the blinding colors that make your eyes water after not blinking for 2 hours. After watching "King of Kong" a few months ago, I decided to look up the high scores for Tetris on NES. Twingalaxies.com is the official gaming score keeper for the Guinness Book of Records. After brushing some dust off of my two button controler (Remember the days of simplicity?), I got the #8 & #9 spots on the all time high scores. I'm pretty sure I can get # 2 if I tried for more than an hour. My scores are unofficial b/c I have to record the games on tape to send in so they can verify. Then I can order a tee-shirt and official certificate! My mom always said Nintendo was going to rot my brain and make me blind. Several prescriptions later, I have decided she was right about the blind part, but all that hard work and practice has finally paid off. Look at me now mom! Your the mother of a top ten gamer. Could you be more proud?

No comments:

Post a Comment