Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tony's Rockin' Friday Night Surprise






Christy bought me a great surprise just after we moved to St. Louis. I've been waiting about two months for Richard Nader's Solid Gold Doo Wop Concert. I got to hear such great hits as:

The Drifters featuring Charlie Thomas:
"This Magic Moment"
"Up On The Roof"
"There Goes My Baby"
"Save The Last Dance For Me"
"Under The Boardwalk"
Jay Siegel and the Tokens:
"The Lion Sleeps Tonight"
"One Fine Day"
Gene Chandler:
"Duke of Earl"
"Stand by Me"
"Rockin' Robin"
Terry Johnson's Flamingos:
"I Only Have Eyes For You"
Shirley Alston Reeves original lead singer of The Shirelles:
"Mama Said"....there'd be days like this
"Will You Love Me Tomorrow"
"Soldier Boy".....not to be confused with "Soulja Boy".....there was no Superman
The night ended with everyone on stage singing "Goodnight Sweetheart."
I found the medic station humerous. I don't think they were concerned about gunshot wounds or stabbings. Probably just making sure nobody had a heart attack or ran out of oxygen. We were by far the youngest people in attendance.....unless you count the consession stand girls. I mentioned to Christy I wanted to go b/c this was a last chance opportunity type of thing. I can now say I saw "The Drifters" live. How awesome is that?! Ok, well most of them were dead, but the lead singer was still there. It counts. That was a great Friday night. I don't even know if New Kids on the Block can top this one. Joey Joe's got his work cut out for him. - TONY

No comments:

Post a Comment