Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Trip for SLU!

And it's to Chicago! I absolutely love Chicago. It's such a gorgeous city. I arrived at the airport of what I thought was plenty of time and normally it is. However, this was apparently not a normal day for Southwest! Thirty-five minutes before my flight was set to leave, I had to lie to a mom and her daughters whose flight was leaving almost two hours after mine that we had gotten a flat tire on the way to airport and I begged to cut in line so that I could check my bags in time. Then the security line was at a standstill! I made it to the gate with nine minutes to spare!

Once I arrived at the Swissotel here in Chicago right in the heart of the Magnificent Mile, I checked my baggage and set off for a walk up and down Michigan Ave and then off to lunch. I know that it's a little sad to eat a chain restaurant while in Chicago, but I can't help it! I love Corner Bakery. I will say that after having the pretzel bread at Nadoz in St. Louis, I think that it may be better than the pretzel bread at Corner Bakery.

My hotel - the Swissotel in Chicago.

View from the front of my hotel:

View from my room - I have a corner room where three sides are nothing but floor to ceiling windows. From one half, I have a view of Lake Michigan, the harbor with all of the sailboats, and the Planetarium. The other half has a view of the river front and Michigan Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment