Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fun in Millenium Park

So, on the last night of the first conference, I decided to take a walk in the city and ended up in Millennium Park. I absolutely love that area of Chicago.


While there, I of course visited "The Bean." It's an outdoor art piece made from steel by a British artist. The artist actually named it Cloud Gate, but everyone in Chicago refers to it as "The Bean." Although odd, I actually think that it's quite beautiful especially with the way the Chicago skyline refects in it.


After that, I walked over to the face fountains. There are two fountains made of 50 ft glass block towers located on each end of a shallow wading pool. They photographed over 1,000 residents for these faces. Once every 5 minutes or so the faces begin spouting water from their mouths. It's really neat to see all of the kids and even adults playing in the wading pool! The night that I was there, they actually had a Chinese martial arts group in full costume on the edge of the pool doing a demonstration so I actually sat and watched them for a while.


I then began walking back to my hotel and decided to stop at Giordano's for some of Chicago's famous stuffed pizza. It was the same night as the All-Star Game, so it was great place to sit and watch the game. Plus the pizza was absolutely delicious!!!!! Too bad I could only eat two slices!


No comments:

Post a Comment