Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Fountain on Locust

The Fountain on Locust has been voted the Best Ice Cream Parlor and Best Neighborhood Restaurant.  It is also thought to be the most photographed restaurant in St. Louis.   We knew that it was close, but never realized that it was only two or three blocks from my office.  I absolutely loved everything about it!  The menu was a little different, but the food was divine.  They claim to not serve anything that comes in a tub or a can. 

I had the dill pickle soup!  It's a potato based soup with crushed dill pickles and it was delicious!


Since they are best known for their desserts, we would be remiss if we had left without trying one... or two.  I had the chocolate brown cake in a cup.  The brownie was just okay, but the ice cream was yummy.  The ice cream actually comes from a dairy in Wisconsin that is the only dairy that actually ages their ice cream.  And the dried orange slice on top?  Possibly my favorite part.  I'm going to buy a whole bag of them the next time that we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment