Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Visiting Indianapolis

Indianapolis was scheduled at the last minute, so I flew home from Minneapolis around 8pm, and then left the next morning before 8am.  I should have just slept at the airport!


I love sports stadiums, so I always go find them when I visit a new city.  After the airport, my first stop was Colts Stadium.  I even gritted my teeth and bought something in the gift shop for Tony's co-worker.  I just kept telling myself that I was supporting Addai, not the Colts!


Home of the NCAA!


It is located in a beautiful park area downtown.  I enjoyed walking around for a bit.  Also, downtown Indianapolis was hosting a national high school drum line competition that week.  It was fun to see the groups walking down the streets playing!


State capitol building of Indiana


Statue outside of the Native American museum

Indianapolis is less than a four hour drive from St. Louis, so I would love to make it a weekend trip with Tony.  I would love to visit this museum, but I just ran out of time.  Plus, it would be fun to see a Colts game at their beautiful stadium!


Coolest children's museum ever! 



After seeing the billboards of the dinosaurs, I knew that I had to visit this place and get postcards for the kids!


Bumblebee from the most recent Transformer movie.  The museum had it reprogrammed so that he rotates around and makes announcements.  The kids were all just mesmerized by him.



No comments:

Post a Comment