Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blues Brother






This past Wednesday, I met Dan Akroyd at a wine tasting/signing at a local liquor store. He came out with a chardonay, cabernet sauvignon, and crystal skull vodka. I did not purchase the vodka b/c it was about $47/bottle, and I already have Grey Goose in my bar for rare occasions. It was different b/c the bottle is shaped like a crystal skull. I have yet to have a nice meal to enjoy the wines with. He signed my Blues Brothers poster, my Blues Brothers DVD, two bottles of wine, and my Dan Akroyd Wines poster. I didn't really want the Dan Akroyd Wines poster, but the first 100 people in line got one. I was #15 in line b/c I showed up an hour early(a positive to still being unemployed). By the time he arrived, there were about 250 people waiting. He signed my Blues Brothers stuff "Dan Akroyd" and underneath that "Elwood," b/c his character was Elwood Blues. Working for a Jesuit university, I asked Christy if she would like to hang the poster in her office b/c they too were "On a mission from God." She declined. I guess she didn't want to hurt my feeling by taking the wonderful work of art from our house. - TONY

No comments:

Post a Comment