Friday, March 20, 2009

St. Patrick's Day




I had a great St. Patrick's Day here in St. Louis. I drank a local Irish stout at a place close to home called "Riley's Irish Pub." It was my first time going there. It's a small pub, but what it lacks in size, it makes up with character. I don't like those big commercial chains that are so packed you can't move. They didn't have green beer, but they did have an Irish Pizza. It had thin layer of sour cream in place of red sauce, shredded potatoes, bacon, cheddar, and green onions. It was like a loaded baked potato and was delicious. They have an Irish band every Wednesday and $3 pitchers all day on Friday! It's not a place I would bring my parents to, but I have always loved questionable establishments. I'm not sure I can get Christy to come along again until next St. Patrick's Day, but I'm sure going to frequent them more often. The other picture is of the morning of St. Patrick's Day. I had Lucky Charms for breakfast and Killian's for lunch. The beads on the Killians have the Saint Louis University mascot, "Billy" the billiken. The name, Billy, I made up, but it will catch on quick once I petition the University to name their mascot. Just about every other mascot I know of has a name. (ex. Mike the tiger) Most people don't call their child, "baby," or their dog, "dog." If you care about something, you name it. I've even though about the name, William, for the billiken. It sounds more prestigious, and then I could still call it "Billy" for the nickname. I'm off topic now. Hope your St. Patrick's Day was a blast too. Keep in touch. - TONY

1 comment:

  1. You could always name the billiken "Sir William" which sounds even more prestigious. The name reminds me of the Mel Gibson movie Braveheart....wasn't that set in Ireland?

    ReplyDelete