Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Good night. Goodnight. Parting is such sweet sorrow...



Miles Sevier
2001-2009
Resident of St. Louis, Missouri
Survived by his parents, Tony and Christy Sevier, and his little brother, Sugar Sevier.
Yesterday, our beloved fish, Miles, passed away. I had Miles longer than any pet I have ever owned, eight years. He was an African Cichlid whose original name was Saban, but he underwent a name change in January 2007 after Nick went to Alabama. He informed me he no longer wanted to be associated with the traitorous *%*#@. He enjoyed killing Christy's "pretty" fish that would try to take some of his space. After a while, he grew too big to have any other fish in our 5 gallon aquarium with him. He outgrew his castle, but it had long been his home, so he would swim in the large opening in back and swim vertically in the castle so he could fit. His eye would take up the small window he used to swim out of. After some research online and consulting a local specialty aquarium/fish store, he suprisingly made the trip to St. Louis in the back seat of our car. He died after I prepared his tank for our vacation this week by adding water to his tank. I guess he didn't like the water up here in St. Louis. In Baton Rouge, he never minded if I didn't add the extra chemicals in his water. I know better now. Funeral services were held yesterday in our back yard. I promised him I would never let Christy flush him. She has wanted to during our previous 3 moves. I even carved him a little headstone using my rotary tool. Miles, you were a good fish. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment