Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer Sendoffs

Wow! It's been ages since I updated and Mommy Harriet is complaining, and we certainly can't have that now can we! Anyway, it's been a very busy August. I spent the first week of August flying to multiple cities for our Summer Sendoffs. I visited Cleveland, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and Omaha. Basically, I was sick and tired of seeing Midway Airport in Chicago since that's where pretty much all of my flights flew through! The one saving grace of Midway? It has a Ben & Jerry's!
Concourse A at Midway.
What you can't see is all of the video spots playing telling the history of the Battle of Midway. I had plenty of time there to sit and listen to them!

While in Houston, I was thrilled to have a change to visit my absolute favorite museum - The Museum of Natural Science. The Terra Cotta Soldier exhibit is there until October and I had been dying to see it. I'm so thrilled that I had a chance to go! The exhibit itself was absolutely incredible. I've watched several documentaries on them, but it's something else to actually be standing there next to them. The detail work in each of them is astounding. And to imagine that there are over 7,000 of them!
All in all, it was a great trip to the museum. I wish that I could've gotten more photos of the soldiers, but no photography was allowed. I snuck a picture with my phone. :)
I was also shocked to see the newly constructed and much larger gift shop connected the building and the parking garage. It's about time that they replaced the closet size gift shop there!


Terra Cotta Soldiers

No comments:

Post a Comment