Sunday, August 30, 2009

Teaching an old dog new tricks


After several years of having Sugar. I finally decided it would be nice for him to know a few tricks. While Christy was out of town for work a few weeks ago, I decided to suprise her when she came back. She laughed at first when she thought I was trying to get him to do stuff. Then she was shocked when she realized he was actually listening to me. I taught him to sit, lay down, and most recently, to stay. I felt bad about him chasing us up two flights of stairs if we were just running up to grab something. Then he would chase us back down the stairs again. Now we can tell him to stay and then go up and get what we need and he'll be waiting for us at the bottom of the stairs. I think he's a big fan of this most recent trick also. I don't think anyone likes stairs. This is a picture of Sugar staying. Christy would like the next trick I teach him to be "roll over." I don't know how well I'll do with that one...especially since I'm working more now. - TONY

No comments:

Post a Comment