Sunday, August 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home

While I was in Houston, I had the chance to make my first trip home to Sulphur since we made the move to St. Louis in February. I was able to able to visit from lunch on Friday until VERY early on Sunday morning. I had an amazing time visiting with everyone! What did we do? We ate. Then we ate some more. And then even more. I turned in my list of suggestions to my Mom a few weeks before the trip. I thought that she would make a few things on my list, but oh no, her and Dad made all of it! I have to admit, even though I gained a few pounds there and left absolutely stuffed, it was amazing to eat Mom and Dad's food again!

I also called Aunt Nell a few days before the trip to remind her about how much I loved her cookies. She made me chocolate chip cookies and the peanut butter ones along with her lemon cake. After much begging, Mom also made her fudge for me! I absolutely love her fudge, but she only makes it three times a year - Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I figured that since I missed Easter, I deserved it in the summer!

In addition to the amazing and delicious home cooked meals, we also had the chance to visit Tony's Pizza in Lake Charles and the sno-cone stand. I've had sno-cones in many, many different places, but not one has been even close to as good as the ones from the stand on Maplewood Dr!

I had also teased J.T. before the trip about how many signs I had to help make for him when he was younger and coming to visit and that I wanted to be greeted with a sign of my own! I requested a pink and purple sign with glitter. Instead, I had a very lovely purple and yellow Tiger striped welcome home sign! It was absolutely fantastic! Thanks, J.T.!

No comments:

Post a Comment