Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grant's Farm - Trip #3

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

I really need to remember which way to hold the camera to take video.  I've never seen an elephant so active!  He was at it for a long time, too.  We walked off well before he finally stopped.  You could hear him throughout the park playing with his little tire set.


These donkeys once worked in the Grand Canyon carrying items and people up and down the trails.  Both are in their 40's.



Grant's Farm sits on such a gorgeous piece of land.  I love the little train ride that you take through the property.  Quite peaceful.






A baby buffalo!  He was off grazing by himself.


Look closely and you can see the bald eagle.





This was our first time feeding the donkeys.  I mean... goats.  Ask Tony.  I referred to them as donkeys the entire time that we were there.  After we left the pen, I told him thank you for feeding them with me.  He replied that he couldn't tell me no.  It was too much fun listening to me call the goats donkeys every single time. 

For the record, I know the difference between the two.  I have no real excuse for my mistake except that I'm blonde.




As you can tell, she was really enjoying herself!


You pass Grant's home during the train ride out to the petting zoo area.  It is one of only two houses still in existence that were built by a President.

No comments:

Post a Comment