Sunday, October 10, 2010

King Bratwurst


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2

Sorry about the side ways video!  I'm still learning how to shoot video on my phone and publish it.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I had it the wrong way when I was recording.

Anyway, this is a small portion of the 15 minutes where Tony competed for the title of King Bratwurst at the Soulard Oktoberfest.  The goal was to eat the most bratwursts in a 15 minute period.  Only one other guy was anywhere close to Tony's total!  The other guy had an interesting strategy.  He had a huge vat of bbq sauce that he brought
with him and soaked all of his in before eating them.

Throughout the competition, Tony had the largest cheering section.  Chants of "Tony! Tony! Tony!" erupted multiple times.  His prize was a VIP pass that gave him all you can eat and drink for the rest of the day.  Poor Tony.  It was a full 3 hours later before he was able to eat or drink again!

I'm still trying to figure out if my husband being crowned the sausage king is something to be proud of or humiliating.  I'll let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there's anything I can say but...Tony, Tony, Tony!!!

    ReplyDelete