Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Apple Pecan Cake


You should probably sit down before you read anymore of this blog.  The recipe above?  Yes, that one.  I baked it!  No, seriously.  I really did.  And the world didn't even end.
 
After I picked so many Granny Smith apples, I needed to do something with them.  I decided to use a recipe book that my in-laws had gotten us years ago and bake this apple pecan cake.  I even peeled the apples!  Tony wouldn't let me chop them up though.  Something about not wanting to go to the hospital after I chopped off a finger or two.  It was probably best that he did it.


The finished product!  

We had some batter left over, so we made a few muffin size
cakes as well.  You can't really tell by the picture, but all of them are in the design of a rose thanks to the pretty mold that I found 
stashed away in our cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment